Consultant Advisor – Internship Program
HammondCare specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services.
The Dementia Centre was founded by HammondCare in 1995 as an impartial resource and provider of research and expertise to the aged and dementia care community. This is key to HammondCare's commitment to excellence in dementia care. The Dementia Centre has been selected to lead the Australian Government funded SBRT and DBMAS programs to 30 June 2021.
To top it up, we offer competitive salaries, accredited dementia specific training & career development opportunities, and a fabulous benefits program.
More about the role
This Consultant Advisor role will lead the development, implementation and ongoing delivery of an internship program for HammondCare. The aim of the program being the development of internal and external capacity for Dementia Centre and HammondCare programs.
The role will collaborate with the Dementia Centre Consultant Advisor team to support Consultants across Dementia Centre portfolios with continuous professional development, including accreditation.
This role will work both autonomously and as part of a team, to ensure Dementia Centre and external programs meet internal and external customer and business needs.
The essence of this role includes:
- Management of the Internship Project from concept to delivery in line with Dementia Centre and HammondCare requirements.
- Development of staff capacity through professional development across Dementia Centre and HammondCare programs.
- Contribution to the Dementia Centre accreditation program ensuring it meets internal and external customer needs and reporting on compliance and deliverables.
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Industry Partner program for Dementia Support Australia.
- As part of the Consultant Advisor Team deliver and report on the activities across Dementia Centre.
- Evaluation of all activities as part of ongoing quality improvement.
- Collaboration with HammondCare teams and programs as required to meet role objectives.
- Contribution to the orientation of new staff into HammondCare the Dementia Centre.
About you (selection criteria)
We would love to hear how your capabilities, achievements and experience set you apart.
- Expertise in delivery and development of professional development programs
- In depth knowledge of adult learning, and internship and apprenticeship models
- Demonstrated capacity in negotiation with internal and external partners
- High level of communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Results orientated
- Excellent report writing
- Great problem solving and decision-making skills
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field or similar study/experience
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
Please ensure you CV is up to date and your cover letter addresses the above selection criteria then hit “APPLY NOW”
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Juliet Kelly on 0406 423 768
Closing Date: 28 February 2020
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: