- Permanent Full-time Position
- Located in Nowra on the NSW South Coast
- Fantastic opportunity + Not-for-profit salary packaging benefits available
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
For more information please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
Jean Ross House - Residential Care Home is seeking a Maintenance Tradesperson/Officer to join the team on a permanent full-time basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking maintenance duties for the home, ensuring they are completed on time and to a high standard. Duties may include and will not be limited to:
- Carpentry Works
- Door and lock repairs
- Minor roofing
- Gutter cleaning
- Minor alterations and handyman duties
- Appliance fault finding
- Carpet repairs
- Joinery repairs
- Plumbing repairs
- Ensures that maintenance duties are completed in a safe, efficient and effective way by following specified policies and procedures with special attention to all aspects of safety;
- Ensures quality maintenance program is achieved by anticipating, arranging and carrying out repairs, maintaining buildings and grounds, and advising the Village / Building Manager on replacement or repairs as required.
- Contribute to the support of residents by providing appropriate assistance and quality service as required, and with respect to dignity and privacy.
- Contribute to after-hours maintenance requirements from time to time.
- Previous experience in maintenance essential
- Relevant Trade qualification and Trade license - desirable
- A current NSW driver’s license.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Alignment with Anglicare’s values.
- Passion for assisting older people and working in Aged Care.
If you are passionate about working with a committed team, all within a Christian environment, we would love to hear from you.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Advertised: 14 Feb 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 Mar 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: