Infrastructure Consultant - Sydney Cbd
Opal Aged Care
Chatswood West, NSW
At Opal Aged Care, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do. Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal Aged Care is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers, with 77 homes across four states and employs a team of over 8,500 nationally. Opal has one of the strongest growth trajectories in the industry with eight new aged care homes scheduled to open in the next two years.
The key purpose of this role is to ensure sound delivery of infrastructure & technical services & support to Opal team members and residents. You will be part of a team supporting both on premise and cloud based infrastructure, providing services based around Microsoft Windows Server and Client, Exchange, CheckPoint, VMWare, Citrix XenApp and related network services.
You key responsibilities will be:
- Maintain and monitor all server, network and security systems to meet the organisations current and future requirements.
- Monitoring, managing and resolving support incidents and problems proactively and in a timely manner against SLA targets.
- Professionally represent the ICT Infrastructure Team as a technical consultant on projects.
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors as required.
- Work closely and maintain a relationship with internal stakeholders
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends.
The successful candidate will hold:
- 3 – 5 years similar experience in an ICT Department along with an ICT tertiary qualifications.
- Solid technical background in both on premise and cloud based infrastructure, networks, hardware and software.
- Strong technical background in Windows Server and Client, Active Directory, VMWare, Citrix, Exchange, O365, ADFS and SQL Server.
- Solid working knowledge of Load Balancers, Proxies and Firewalls
- Experience with PowerShell scripting and automation would be advantageous
- Have a passion for IT Security and a demonstrated ability to drive security initiatives, education, and process within a business.
- Solid understanding of IP Networking
- Have strong communication, prioritisation and time management skills
- Great analytical and problem solving skills
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen and complete psychometric testing.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our ICT team and to make a key contribution to the care of our residents and the overall success of Opal Aged Care.
Advertised: a day ago AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 27 Mar 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: