Part Time Support Worker
Avivo is passionate about supporting people to live as valued citizens. We work in partnership with people to develop innovative and flexible supports that assist them to lead their lives as they choose.
We value a diverse workforce with different life experiences, skills and backgrounds including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from all cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
We are looking for a friendly, flexible and caring Support Worker to join our Wheatbelt team in the Bruce Rock - Narambeen areas.
The role will work across a broad spectrum of care needs, assisting individuals to remain living within their community and to achieve their future goals.
We are looking for someone flexible enough to work across a 7 day week.
The work would involve, but is no restricted to, supporting customers with:
- Providing personal care, social support, community access and domestic assistance
- Providing reliable, timely and flexible services that best meet the needs of the individual and their family
- Problem solving issues with the individuals and the Support Worker team
What we require:
- Previous experience in the Aged Care, Disability and Mental Health field is desirable
- Have an interest in providing domestic assistance and personal care
- You are reliable, flexible and possess a positive attitude
- Possess excellent communication skills and work well within a team environment
- Hold a current driver’s license and a reliable vehicle are essential
In return, you will have access to some great benefits! A minimum rate of $22.20 per hour is on offer as is a travel allowance of 76 cents per kilometre between supports. Other benefits include the payment of travel time, salary packaging up to $18,550 per annum, and accrued annual and personal leave.
Making an appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory National Police Clearance
To be considered for this role you must attach an updated resume and a cover letter as one document.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: