Latrobe Regional Hospital
Latrobe Regional Hospital (LRH) is the major provider of specialist health services in the Gippsland region, east of Melbourne. Our comprehensive range of services extends to emergency and intensive care, elective surgery, allied health, obstetrics, medical and radiation oncology at the Gippsland Cancer Care Centre, dialysis and aged care.
LRH has a number of outstanding facilities following a recent expansion. These include a cardiac catheterisation laboratory, large Emergency Department, endoscopy suites and modern and contemporary inpatient units. These complement extensive Allied Health amenities including a gym and pool.
LRH is the regional provider of mental health services in Gippsland. LRH Mental Health Service operates an integrated specialist mental health program across the region and provides inpatient and community mental health care for adults, children and young people and older persons.
Gippsland provides a fantastic regional lifestyle with easy access to Melbourne.
We are a passionate, recovery oriented and trauma informed service and we want like-minded clinicians to join our Latrobe Valley ACIS team based in Traralgon.
This is a full-time position and this role is primarily based in Mental Health Triage in the Emergency Department at Latrobe Regional Hospital. The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to rotate through our ACIS community team and Mental Health and Police Response (MHaPR) team.
We offer a great environment with clinical educators, preceptors, clinical supervision, discipline senior support, a nurse practitioner mentoring program and lots of professional development opportunities.
We are committed to flexibility with an array of shifts as well as generous annual leave, purchased leave and ADO arrangements.
Reporting to the ACIS Team Manager the successful applicant will play an important role within the ACIS Team.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Conduct assessments in a timely manner as determined by risk, urgency, distress, dysfunction and disability utilising CMI (Client Management Interface) document.
- Provide high quality mental health care across the ACIS components of urgent and short term community care, triage and the emergency department.
- To provide recovery orientated practice using the Optimal Health Program.
- Completion of recovery documents in collaboration with consumers carers, significant others and the multi-disciplinary team
- Use current evidence based interventions
To be successful in this position you will need to have:
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to mental health consumers
- Sound knowledge of the Mental Health Act 2014 and other relevant legislation.
- Capacity to work effectively within a team structure
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external services.
- Working knowledge of NSQHS and National Standards for Mental Health Services.
- Ability to work independently
For further information please contact Dannii Taylor-Bowman on telephone (03) 5173 8728 or email email@example.com.
Applicants will be required to apply for and satisfactorily obtain a National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Latrobe Regional Hospital is a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. LRH values our community’s diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive, welcoming and safe service and workplace for everyone who engages with our organisation regardless of race, culture, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age or ability.
LRH’s Koori Health Liaison Officer is available to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent applicants on (03) 5173 8831.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: