Support Worker's - Weekend Supports
Part Time position
- Enjoy working in your community
- Salary packaging on offer
We value a diverse workforce with different life experiences, skills and backgrounds including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from all cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Avivo is passionate about supporting people to live as valued citizens. We work in partnership with people to develop innovative and flexible supports that assist them to lead their lives as they choose.
If so, you are who we are looking for to join our team in the Geraldton area. We are looking for additional team member’s to provide support to a lady who requires high care support to remain living in her own family home.
Applicants should be passionate about providing support in a person centred manner, and respecting the choices and values of the customer. Our customer would prefer a female to support her and enjoys spending time with her family. Family connects are extremely important to this customer as is her faith and attending church. She enjoys shopping, eating out and being a part of the community. She is a very respected Elder.
If you have an enthusiastic and positive outlook, are reliable, can show initiative, like a challenge and care about people living at home in their community then we would love you to be part of her team.
Flexibility to work Weekends Only and / or a variety of shifts Monday - Friday.
(Monday to Sunday 8.15am to 12.45pm and 3.30pm to 8.00pm - hours shared among the team).
The supports will involve, but are not restricted to:
- Household tasks, personal care, manual tasks and community access
- Providing reliable, timely and flexible services that best meet the needs of the individual
- Problem solving issues with the individual, family and the Support Worker team
What we require:
- Support work experience in Aged Care/Disability/Mental Health is desirable
- Able to be reliable and flexible to meet needs of the customer
- Ability to think positively and use initiative to problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Availability to work on weekends
- Hold a current driver’s license and a reliable vehicle are essential
If you are shortlisted for an Interview or to attend a Recruitment Workshop you will be notified via email.
In return, successful candidates will receive a hourly rate starting from $22.71 plus super including the option of salary packaging! Other benefits include the payment of travel time, a travel allowance of 78 cents per kilometre between supports and great training opportunities.
Making an appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory National Police Clearance.
To apply, you will need to complete an online application, upload your resume and cover letter as ONE document and complete a short video (one way interview) of yourself (instructions sent once you have applied).
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: