Home Care Workers - Home And Community Care Services
Your organisation – Mackay Hospital and Health Service:
Mackay Hospital and Health Service has eight hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and two additional community health services that employ more than 2,700 staff. The Mackay district covers an area of approximately 90,000km2 and provides services to approximately 182,000 people in Bowen, Cannonvale, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Glenden, Mackay, Middlemount, Moranbah, Proserpine and Sarina.
Click here to find out more information about the Mackay HHS
To provide high quality, consumer focused, support services to frail, older people in order to maximise their independence at home and in the community.
Community Based Support Services (CBSS) is comprised of the Aged Care Assessment Team, Community Health and Therapy Services (CHaTS) and Mackay Home Care Services.
CBSS plays a vital role in the continuum of care for consumers and their carers at discharge from acute care through to re-establishment in the consumers' residence, or when necessary, transitioning to residential care settings. CBSS comprise a range of outpatient healthcare and community activities focussed on assessing, re-abling and maintaining individuals' capacity to successfully remain in their community.
Why work for Mackay HHS?
Mackay HHS provides a working environment which embraces professional development, builds capabilities, provides roles with variety and flexibility, supports staff to maximise their health and wellbeing and encourages work/life balance. Some additional benefits include:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing initiatives and programs
In addition to any mandatory requirements specified on the Role Description, such as Professional Registration and Qualifications, and prior to being made an offer of employment, incumbents are required to demonstrate their immunity to all or some of the following Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD): Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (chicken pox), Pertussis (whooping cough).
Click here to find out more information about VPD
To apply for this exciting opportunity:
- Before applying ensure that you download and read the Role Description and Information Package for Applicants.
- Provide a short response (maximum 2 pages) outlining how your experience, abilities and knowledge will enable you to achieve the key responsibilities of the role. This is an opportunity to tell us about yourself, your professional career and why you are the right person for this job.
- Attach your current resume/CV, including contact details of two referees, preferably your current/past supervisor, who can confirm/support your capabilities, work performance and conduct within the previous two years.
- Applicants applying through a website other than Smartjobs (such as Seek, LinkedIn, Jora, Indeed): Click on ‘Apply Now' and you will be re-directed to the Smartjobs website where you can view the documents mentioned above.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: