Skilled Disability Support Worker (Female)
St Albans, VIC
SEEKING QUALIFIED DISABILITY SUPPORT WORKERS!PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
People's First Choice Australia is an NDIS registered Disability Services organisation operating across the North West region of Victoria. We support an approach that is: professional, flexible, reliable, empowering for individuals, ethical, collaborative and accountable. We are on the search for exceptional person to provide support and assistance to clients!
We support an approach that is: professional, flexible, reliable, empowering of individuals, person-centred, collaborative and accountable.
As part of our team
People's First Choice Australia Services provides you a fantastic work life balance, flexible hours and generous benefits! We have a great work environment, room for growth and progression as well as paying above award.
Selection Criteria (Essential)
- Certificate III/IV in Disability Studies or Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- Working with Mental Health Experience
- Experience in Challenging Behavior
- Previous experience in the aged care and disability fields in a comparable position
- Current Victorian Drivers’ License
- Current insurance on private vehicle (to be used for work purposes)
- Right to work in Australia
- Current Police Check
- Demonstrated skills supporting and caring for adults with complex support need
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the conflict resolution, negotiation, problem solving, and the ability to communicate effectively as a member of the team.
- Ability and willingness to work in a diverse range of settings including but not limited to – a person’s home or place of residence, other services, community groups and other community settings
- General awareness of health & safety issues
- Current First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate
Personal requirements of a Disability Support Worker
- Patient, flexible and understanding
- Supportive and caring nature
- Commitment to the rights of people with disabilities to live dignified lives
- Able to accept responsibility
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- Able to perform domestic duties efficiently
- Able to cope under pressure
Applications required ASAP,and should include:
- A cover letter which outlines your suitability for the DSW role;
- A current detailed resume including three current references as well as your current email address.
Job Type: Casual
- Mental Health: 3 years (Required)
- Support Work: 2 years (Required)
- St Albans VIC (Required)
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: