Acfi / Funding Consultant - Qld
Brisbane Airport, QLD
About Bupa Aged Care Australia
Bupa Aged Care Australia is the largest private residential aged care provider in Australia with over 9,000 employees providing care and services to 6,500 residents across 70+ homes. At Bupa we focus on a person first approach that ensures our residents and their families are at the centre of everything we do and that we deliver our purpose of ensuring longer, healthier, happier lives.
About The Role
As a Funding Resource / ACFI consultant, you will support the Funding Resource Manager in optimising clinical funding claims through monitoring of clinical assessment and claim submissions. You will be required to build strong relationships with management in your region, consisting of up to 10 care homes. You will need to be able to work independently to manage the clinical funding for your homes. You will need to be flexible with travel, as you will be required to visit our care homes within your region.
- Review Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) submitted claims against ACFI Payment Statements across the business
- Advise care home managers and Regional Directors (RD) of variances with time frames for completing identified actions
- Mentor and coach care home Leadership Team in effectively managing their ACFIs
- Audit care home clinical assessments, pertaining to ACFI, providing analysis on any areas of concern for improvement
- Provide support to all homes in developing and monitoring ACFI plans, claims and submissions
- Provide education and support to homes where expected ACFI revenue is a concern
- Liaise with external validators, supports the care home during external validation
- Liaise with Medicare and follow up any issues in relation ACFI funding
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Expert level of knowledge of the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI)
- In-depth knowledge of Aged Care Funding Instrument and the Australian Aged Care Accreditation Standards
- Analytical, mentoring and coaching skills
- Auditing experience and advanced clinical assessment skills
- Experience in liaising with various stakeholders including General Managers, Regional Managers, regulatory bodies
- The ability to travel across the state to care homes, as this is part of the role
This is a supportive and collaborative team, where you will work autonomously in your role. Employees are provided continuous support and resources, to assist with their day to day tasks. We believe in providing flexible working arrangements, that allow you to complete tasks in the most time effective manner.
- Work flexibility - from a care home, the head office or from home
- Generous leave provisions including 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Generous discounts on health, travel, home, car, landlords and pet insurance
- 35% discount on frames, lenses, sunglasses and accessories at Bupa Optical stores
- 10% discount at Bupa Dental clinics
- Health and wellness initiatives and discounts through Bupa SMILE program
- Discounts at Apple and Samsung
- Workplace giving and Bupa fund matching
- Continual learning opportunities and more thorough online and face to face training
Please click Apply to be taken to our online application process. Please note that as part of your application you will also be asked to complete a number of pre-employment checks including Criminal History and a Pre-Employment medical.
IMPORTANT: As of 1st May 2020, all aged care workers and visitors must be vaccinated against seasonal influenza in order to enter an aged care facility – as such all successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to commencement.
‘Our people reflect the diversity of our community. At Bupa, your wellbeing, identity and own story is respected and valued.
Find purpose in your career at Bupa’.
Job Posting End Date
30 Jul 2020
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: