Personal Care Assistants
Lane Cove, NSW
- Excellent career and learning opportunities
- Casual positions with the opportunity of progressing towards permanent part-time
- Salary dependent on experience and skills
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organisation in the field of Disability Services and actively assisting those in the community who have some form of spinal cord injury
ParaQuad NSW is a not-for-profit organisation with almost 60 years history of being a key service provider for people with spinal cord injuries and other physical disabilities and assists those we care for to live independently in the community. We are a unique charity and believe our strategic plan and business model enables us to operate as a not for loss organisation allowing us to provide the best possible services and products to our customers.
About the Role
As a Personal Care Assistant you will provide personal care and assist clients to live independently in their own communities.
This will include, but not limited to: showering, dressing, grooming, assisted bladder care, assisted bowel care including enema insertion, assistance with mobility and transfers, meal preparation, domestic assistance and community participation. This role may include performing medium to heavy physical duties.
A variety of shifts of varying length (minimum 1 hour shifts) are available ranging from early morning, daytime, evening and night, across both weekdays and weekends.
This role will suit a flexible professional support worker who is looking to make a difference in the community through a rewarding and diverse role. You will identify with our values of Integrity, Accountability, Reliability, Leadership and Respect and you will ideally possess:
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Personal mobile telephone with data capabilities
- Own vehicle with valid NSW driver’s license
- Flexibility and availability to cover a range of shifts times (early mornings, evenings, nights and weekends)
- Proven capability to build and sustain positive working relationships, and the ability to work in a team environment or independently as required
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Experience providing complex personal care and working with people to achieve their goals in a community setting
- Understanding of the rights and requirements of people with a disability
- Certificate III / IV in Disability or Aged Care or Assistant in Nursing
- Undergraduate university students studying a related health subject are encouraged to apply
Benefits of working with ParaQuad include:
- Full training and a robust orientation program provided
- Ongoing online education and support with furthering professional development
- Incremental remuneration based on skill and experience
- Electronic roster, payroll and leave application systems
- Excellent employment conditions including an Employee Wellness Program
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a NFP sector, we want to hear from you!
We are not asking for a resume from you. Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
ParaQuad is an EEO Employer and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Successful applicants will be required to consent to a pre-employment health assessment, reference checks and a national police check.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: