Support Workers - Aged Care
As a Support Worker you will establish appropriate and effective working relationships with our senior customers, carers and families. You will provide quality service by responding to individual needs with flexibility and safety. In line with the customers Individual Care Plan you will provide individual attention, supervision and physical assistance to promote the persons independence, health and well-being while supporting our customers to remain living independently in their own homes.
The position is suited to a person with a caring nature and genuine desire to help others.
We are continuing to grow our Aged Care services on the Central Coast and as result, we are looking for people to join us as a casual Support Workers.
- Personal Care – bathing, showering, personal hygiene and grooming, dressing and undressing, toileting, mobility and transfer.
- Medication Monitoring – monitor, prompt and supervise a person to take their medication safely and correctly as per a Webster Pak.
- Domestic Care – vacuuming, mopping, laundry, ironing, cleaning of bathrooms and toilets, shopping and general household tasks.
- Nutrition – provide assistance to plan meals, preparing meals, re heating of meals, assistance with eating utensils and eating aids, and assistance with actual feeding if required.
- Social Support – transport to medical and allied health appointments, supporting a person to attend a social activity in the community, or other day-to-day activities.
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care)/Cert III Aged Care or Cert III in Home and Community Care
- Experience working within the Aged Care Sector
- Current Australian driver’s license
- Registered vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current Police Check – no older than six months old or willingness to obtain at own expense
- Flexible to work mornings, afternoons and evenings
- On call availability and weekend work may also be required
- Ideally, you be a positive person, who can build a rapport quickly with customers. You will have strong communication skills and the ability to adapt and work with customers from all walks of life.
For a confidential discussion about the role, contact Kathryn Watts on 4962 1000
All applications must be submitted online.
ConnectAbility is an EEO employer and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: