The Salvation Army
Sales Assistant 1
Heidelberg Salvos Stores/en-US/Salvos/job/Heidelberg-Salvos-Stores/Sales-Assistant-1_R4041-1/apply
Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australias largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
Our Sales Assistants support the Store Manager with the day to day operations and financial management of the store, ensuring the store is presentable, inclusive of customer service and adequate stock levels.
About The Role
- Collect sort and price donations in store
- Complete sale of goods
- Assist in the development and coordination visual merchandising and store presentation
- Follow policy amp; procedures for Customer Service
- Sort and price stock as per store procedure, ensuring manual handling procedures are followed.
- Place new/fresh stock in store and place price stickers on purchased goods.
- Display stock in correct departments, following policy and procedure.
- Follow Occupational Health and Safety policy and procedures
- Demonstrate TSA core values in all work related activities.
- Demonstrated customer service skills/retail experience
- Demonstrated understanding of cash handling procedures.
- Reasonable level of computing skills.
- Willing to be flexible to work during weekdays as well as weekends
- Willing to travel between various retail locations in the Area
- Reasonable level of communication skills.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.
Posted 3 Days AgoPart timeR4041
We Share The Love Of Jesus By
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement dedicated to sharing the love of Jesus.
- Caring for people
- Creating faith pathways
- Building healthy communities
- Working for justice
We have a range of employment opportunities across our organisation including community and caring professions, aged care, retail, employment services, legal, corporate and support services. Our employees have access to a range of opportunities that deliver real and meaningful benefits such as career diversity and professional development, generous salary packaging opportunities and flexible working arrangements.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: