2021 Barwon Health And Great Ocean Road Health Collaborative Graduate Nurse Program
As a graduate nurse, do you want to...
- Work in an environment that supports teaching and learning
- Work in dynamic, challenging and diverse clinical environments... no day is ever the same!
- Have the support and guidance of a team dedicated to the clinical and professional education of all graduate nurses.
Looking for a graduate nurse program in 2021?
Barwon Health and Great Ocean Road Health are looking for graduate registered nurses to join a well-established and supportive graduate nurse program commencing February 2021.
Great Ocean Road Health provides health, community and Aged care services to the Surf Coast (From Aireys Inlet) and Otway areas. Services are provided on two sites Lorne and Apollo Bay.
Lorne is an idyllic location on the Surf Coast which boasts spectacular coastal scenery, renowned surfing spots and beautiful beaches, which are surrounded by the lush bush and waterfalls of Great Otway National Park.
The Graduate position is an opportunity to work in a rural health service with a supportive team and great educational opportunities.
The Graduate Nurse will complete 6months at Lorne Community Hospital working across the Acute, Urgent Care and Aged Care units.
The Graduate will complete 6months at Barwon Health. This is an opportunity to work at one of Australia's largest and most comprehensive regional health services.
The program offers the following:
- 53 week program
- Work 64 hours/fortnight
- Dedicated graduate team to provide clinical support and guidance to graduates
- Clinical skills workshops prior to starting your program
- Orientation program and study days throughout the year
- Supernumerary time in each rotation
- Weekly graduate professional development and clinical simulation sessions
- Access to professional development, further learning and completion of competencies
- Proven opportunities for ongoing employment and career development
Applications for the 2021 Barwon Health and Great Ocean Road Health Collaborative Graduate Nurse Program are to be made on-line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please do not email applications.
- Ensure you are eligible and registered to participate in PMCV Computer Match
- Upload a current photo of yourself (for identification purposes only)
- Upload a letter of application (no more than one page), addressed to:
- Ms. Kelly-Ann Humphrys, Graduate Program Coordinator - Nursing & Midwifery, Clinical Education and Training, Barwon Health
- Upload concise CV (no more than three pages) listing all clinical placements including service name, clinical area, type of placement and dates of placement in table format
- Name and direct contact details of two clinical referees
- Upload your most recent official academic transcript including the key to results
In addition to your application online, please provide your clinical appraisals via post:
- Must be certified and/or the university stamp or watermark visible
- All appraisal tools (in their entirety) from the final 2 years of your program must be inlcuded regardless of the length and type of placement
- Please note: for applicants providing printed appraisal tools from PebblePad, documents do not need to be certified.
- Send your clinical appraisals to:
- Ms. Kelly-Ann Humphrys, Graduate Program Coordinator - Nursing & Midwifery, Clinical Education & Training, PO Box 281 Geelong, VIC 3220
Applicants progressing to the next stage will be notified via email.
Interviews will take place in August and September with the format still to be confirmed due to the ongoing pandemic situation.
Successful applicants will be notified by the PMCV Allocation and Placement Service on Monday, 19th October, 2020.
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
We at Barwon Health strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the Talent Acquisition team on (03) 4215 0520 or via email at email@example.com noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
We Barwon Health are proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: