Oohc Case Workers
ILLAWARRA ABORIGINAL CORPORATION
Myimbarr is expanding we are looking for experienced Case Workers to join our team providing support to Children, Carer and birth families in the Myimbarr program
Illawarra Aboriginal Corporation (IAC) is a large successful Aboriginal-owned and operated, Not-for-Profit service provider in the Illawarra. The IAC is dedicated to meeting the social, cultural and economic needs of Aboriginal people within the Illawarra. The organisation currently delivers housing, aged care, child care, employment and training, emergency relief and child, youth and family services.
The IAC child, youth and family service Myimbarr is a designated agency, authorised by the NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian to provide statutory out-of-home care services in NSW and a funded service provider delivering programs on behalf of NSW Family and Community Services to the Aboriginal community.
The Myimbarr Permanency Support Program (PSP) aim is to:
- Keep Aboriginal children and young people safe and protect them from abuse and exploitation by offering a place of safety in times when it is needed
- Meet the child or young person’s physical, social, emotional, educational and cultural needs whilst within our program
- Assist in keeping children and young people in their families and community
- Support foster families provide the best possible care to meet each child’s unique needs
- Work intensively with birth parents and families to support change
- Deliver a Therapeutic Care model
Myimbarr is expanding so we are seeking suitably qualified and/or experienced Aboriginal Caseworkers to support Aboriginal children, their carers and birth families within the Myimbarr PSP. Caseworkers work in conjunction with a dedicated team and clinical staff to support stable permanent options for children that enter the program.
Successful candidates will have;
- Demonstrated experience in the Out of Home Care (Foster Care) sector or Preservation/IFBS
- Tertiary qualifications in Community Services, Child Protection, Social Work or related field
- Strong understanding and proven ability to engage with and work within the local Aboriginal Community
- Excellent communication, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong written communication and report writing skills
- Strong computer skills including database entry, word processing and Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Proven ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of services, agencies and community groups
- Knowledge of trauma informed care, child attachment theory, the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998 and/or the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Regulation 2000 would be highly regarded
It is a mandatory requirement for this position to have a Working with Children Check, National Criminal Police Check and current NSW Driver’s licence.
These are Aboriginal Identified Positions – authorised under the S14d of the NSW Anti Discrimination Act 1977
How to Apply
For full details on the position and how to apply please go to the careers page of our website. Click on this link to go to the website www.iac.org.au/careers.
Applications must include a response to the specified selection criteria, resume and Confirmation of Aboriginality
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: