- Integrated Services Acute and Aged - All sites
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and statewide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
Integrated Services Acute and Aged Medicine (Hospital Admission Risk Program - HARP)
- Aims to prevent avoidable hospital presentations and admissions by working with those clients at risk of, or already experiencing frequent emergency presentations or hospital admissions.
- Targets people with chronic disease, aged and/or complex needs that frequently use hospitals or are at imminent risk of hospitalisation and could benefit from coordinated care.
- Works in collaboration with other acute, community, aged care and specialist services to provide alternative interventions to hospital admission where appropriate.
A HARP client is a person with chronic disease and or complex needs, who is frequently presenting to hospital or at risk of doing do. This includes (but is not limited to):
- People with chronic heart disease;
- People with chronic respiratory disease;
- People with poorly controlled diabetes:
- Older people with complex needs including frailty;
- People with complex psychosocial needs
To be successful in this role you should possess:
- Be an Australian Citizen or permanant resident
- Current advanced Nursing registration with AHPRA
- Post Graduate qualifications in a Chronic disease area or mental Health
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
- Highly developed interpersonal and leadership experience
- Highly skillied clinically to provide expert clinical opinion to stakeholders
- A strong commitment to high quality care
- The ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
The benefits of working for Eastern Health include:
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you have the ability and drive to make a difference take hold of this opportunity and apply today!
For full details refer to the attached Position Description and direct all enquiries to the contact person listed.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory police records check.
You must have the right to permanently live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Please submit all applications online.
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First: Agility: Humility: Respect: Kindness: Excellence
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: