- Occupational Therapist Grade 2 Forensic position - 6 months
About Monash Health
Monash Health is an impressive organization of seven public hospitals, 21 community health sites, five aged care facilities, university affiliated international research and tertiary education. We provide healthcare for the entire lifespan from pre-birth to palliative care and all stages in between.
Forensic Mental Health in Community Health, Monash Health Community.
The Forensic Mental Health in Community Health (FMHICH) Program provides high quality and comprehensive service to Adults 18 and up on Corrections orders residing in the City of Greater Dandenong, Casey and Cardinia areas. The program aims to assist eligible individuals to access the multidisciplinary mental health care they need to enable them to satisfy the requirement of the Mental Health and Treatment Rehabilitation conditions while reducing their recidivism risk. The program offers outreach and community health centre based interventions.
You are experienced, energetic and determined in whatever role you have undertaken. Your track record includes demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Full-time 6 month position, with the possibility of an extension for an additional year.
- AHPRA accredited Occupational Therapist
- Implement clear communication and advocate for best care for the patient
- Engage patients and their caregivers in the participation of their treatment journey
- Acknowledge responsibility for own learning
- Collaborate with others in the development of department resources
Monash Health employee benefits:
- Salary packaging
- Onsite discounted staff parking
- Discounted banking (BankVic)
- Onsite Gym
- Access to professional development courses and seminars
What You Need to Know
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System – e-mail applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health employees should apply using their Monash Health employee account. Please call Recruitment Services on 9265 2776 for assistance.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same)
- proof of immunisation.
A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: