Project Officer (Vpsg4)
Department of Health
The Department of Health plays a critical role in the Victorian health system and is responsible for shaping it to meet the health needs of Victorians into the future. We also lead the Victorian Government's response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Working with our partners, we oversee Victoria's health system including mental health, ageing and aged care and preventive health. We are committed to developing and supporting a workforce that is well equipped and highly motivated to provide responsive and quality services to all Victorians. All jobs can be worked flexibly and we encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, LGBTQI+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds and differences to realise the potential of our employees for innovation and delivering services.
Application Closes: 18 April 2021
Role: Project Officer (untill 31 Decemeber 2022)
Number of vacancies available: 1
Office Location(s): 50 Lonsdale Street/Work from home
The Royal Commission into Victoria's Mental Health System handed its final report – setting a comprehensive and ambitious reform agenda that the Victorian Government has committed to implementing in full.
We are looking for exceptional individuals to join the Mental Health Division's Programs and Performance – Health Services team to deliver on the Royal Commission's recommendations.
The Project Officer has a key role of supporting and coordinating tasks related to project delivery of implementation of the Royal Commission's recommendations led by the Programs and Performance – Health Services Unit.
- Contribute to the full life cycle of projects to meet departmental objectives including:
a) Assisting in research, analysis and implementation of projects based on defined outcomes and outputs.
b) Supporting the development and delivery of projects or sub-projects and their successful delivery and completion within resourcing, timeline and budget parameters.
c) Contributing to the monitoring and evaluation of projects to ensure departmental objectives are met.
- Where responsible for overseeing, monitoring or delivering projects, ensure they are delivered in accordance with relevant legislation and government regulations and guidelines.
- Assist in providing advice to stakeholders and assisting in the preparation and presentation of reports, ministerial briefs, cabinet and agency submissions on a range of matters.
- Maintain positive relationships with stakeholders to facilitate a partnership approach
- Keep accurate and complete records of your work activities in accordance with legislative requirements and the department's records, information security and privacy policies and requirements.
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and for that of others in the workplace by working in accordance with legislative requirements and the department's occupational health and safety (OHS) policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate how the actions and outcomes of this role and work unit impact clients and the department's ability to deliver, or facilitate the delivery of, effective support and services.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are encouraged to apply online, submitting a cover letter and a current resume.
Please note: For this position, you are not required to address each of the key selection criteria in a separate written document.
Preferred candidates will be required to complete pre-employment screening, including a national police check and misconduct screening.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process.For further information please visit the Department of Health
Click 'Apply Now' to submit your interest in this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: